Autoranging Power Supplies
Series NCA / MCA from 55V to 3kV / 750W to 9kW
The NCA/MCA series is an auto ranging power supply design in which the power supplies operate over the full range of their output voltage & current, up to the units maximum rated output power.
This results in an operating range which is up to 3-times wider than that of a more conventional power supply. When fitted with the optional computer interface, the MCA/NCA series become versatile programmable power supplies.
In principle, the rectified line voltage drives a square wave generator, whose AC voltage is transformed, rectified and filtered, producing the output voltage. For regulation, the square wave voltage is pulse width modulated.
Output power ratings: 750W to 9kW
Output voltages: 55V to 3kV
- auto ranging characteristic with constant power limitation
- 5 power classes and 6 Voltage classes: 55V to 3000V
- up to 1500V with floating output
- compact size (19" case), light-weight and high efficiency
- short-circuit & flashover proof